Wednesday 22 April 2009

Winter Sewing

The machine has been whirring away. I took the opportunity while the girls were on school holidays to sew them some winter clothes. Its been nice not to have to rush out the door to school and swimming. We have a quiet two weeks just hanging around, catching up with friends and sewing....

The girls picked some cord on a recent trip to spotlight. Its is so soft. I really wanted to buy some Michael Kaufman Cool Cords but it worked out to be about $17 a metre (maybe when the dollar improves), with postage included. I was a bit worried that the pants looked too much like pj pants. But we had lots of lovely comments when we wore them shopping during the week.



Two little appliqued tees. The tees are from target. They have a little bit of stretch, which I like. I appliqued some wool felt under each image just to give them a bit of a 3D look.



I also managed to make two twirly skirts from this tutorial. Wow it was so easy. I will be making more of these. It was a great way to use up some cord scraps. Its resulted in lots of twirling....




And some baby sewing for little Lily who is now 7 months old. Oops I am a bit late but the little reversible slippers won't fit until she is 9 month. I also appliqued a little lightweight spencer (they live in Cairns) using the wool felt behind the image.



3 comments:

Christina Lowry said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and entering the giveaway! Wow, you have been a busy girl! The clothes look great and your models are very cute! My mum made most of my clothes when I was growing up and I loved picking fabric! :)

Little Munchkins said...

I love those skirts (great for twirling!) and the pants are so cute. I am a huge fan of corduroy for winter...except when sewing. Always makes me sneeze!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

I love the pockets on the pants! And the skirts! I miss cord....