It was challenging to say the least. Why you ask?
- The knit was super fine and kept rolling at the edges.
- I put a small hole in the sleeve with the overlocker, hence the strategically placed stars.
- I couldn't quiet get the tension right on the wrong side.
- I used a straight stitch as advised by the otto instructions but have a feeling that perhaps I should have used a small zig zag??
- The sleeves are meant to have a large cuff but I couldn't attach it by stretching the sleeve and cuff around the machine table. Does that make sense? So I bound them and added some elastic. I think next time I will just taper the sleeve and bind or hem the edges.
But overall I am happy with it. It fits and I love the fabric. I will keep persevering until I conquer knits, as there are some great patterns around.
So if anyone has anymore tips on sewing with knits, then please send them my way.