Monday 9 February 2009

So Sad...

The devastation from the VIC fires is heartbreaking. So many people have lost everything and so many lives taken.
We lived through the Canberra fires in 2003. The row of houses in front of us were burnt to the ground. We were lucky. Its brought back some very unpleasant memories. I don't think I have ever been so scared in all my life. Things happened so quickly. Watching a fire on a distant hill, racing back to the house, packing what we could and driving through the dark streets to escape. I will never forget the noise or the wind or the fear in the pit of my stomach.
It is heartbreaking to watch and to hear their stories. So I am being grateful for everything I have - my gorgeous family, my little house, our possessions.
We have donated to the Red Cross and I will also be joining this amazing girl and lots of other wonderful crafty bloggers and sewing some handmade goodies for the kids that have lost everything.

No comments: