Wednesday 6 August 2008

A Sewing Fraud???

Some days I feel like a crafting fraud...nothing gets done around the house but the basics ie washing and entertaining the kids. But I have been sewing and I am really happy with the outcome. I drew up a pattern off a pair of overalls that Master A had grown out of but extended the legs and also the body. I will make a few changes next time - square off the front bib, make the straps a little wider and perhaps make them square. The other thing I worked out that you shouldn't do is sew when you are sleep deprived. I stuffed up the cuff and I didn't have the energy to fix it. So I added a little tab detail and it looks sweet. The material is a fine cord that I picked up at the op shop. I love cord on little kids. It washes well and looks fantastic


No comments: