Thursday 9 July 2009

I have been busy...


But can't reveal too much! I finished my swap yesterday for the Polka Dot Swap. I was worried about stepping outside my comfort zones and making something other than kid's clothes..But I did it and I love it...so much that I actually wanted to keep the item for myself (bad..I know). I am happy with the finish and also the colours, as putting colours together makes me nervous. But it worked and I hope my swap partner loves it as much as I do.....


Sneak peaks and all wrapped up and ready to send.......

July is a busy birthday month for us..We have 4 birthdays in a space of a week. I used this tutorial over at MADE to make some crazy quilted birthday cards. Its a great way to use up scraps and it also allowed me to try out some of the fancy stitches on my machine. I used some card stock from an art shop but you could really use heavy folded cardboard. I think I will be making more of these..they were so much fun


Crazy Quilted Birthday Cards


Its my Mum's birthday next week and I made her a Prints Charming Brooch. Its the first time I have done any hand embroidery and as long as you don't look too closely..its not too bad! It was a nice little project that I could complete sitting on the lounge while the kids were tucked up in bed. I hope she likes it. I think it would look great attached to a bag as well.




Prints Charming Brooch


And lastly..how cute is the littlest man in his Tin Whistle Robot Tee. Its hard to get a nice picture of him now..he doesn't sit still for any length of time.



3 comments:

Sarah-Jo said...

love the brooch the colourway is brillant!

and what a cutie your lil guy looks so happy in his new retro robot T...you know I adore this print ;-)

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Oh I'm excited!! Better get my butt into gear. Love the tin whistle top!! Thanks for the link xox

Karen said...

You have been busy!!
Love it all - can't wait to see what the swap items are.
That pic of your little man in his robot tee is very sweet.