Wednesday 1 July 2009

Brrrr Its Cold Outside...

I have been sending the littlest man off to stay and play in about 4 layers to keep the cold out. He was desperate for a warm jacket. I searched my Otto mags for the perfect pattern and we came up trumps with the Little Ghost Fleece Jacket 6/2007. Its polar fleece fully lined with single jersey (minus the little ghost applique). I made a size 92 and didn't add the seam allowance, thankfully its a perfect fit. It came together so quickly apart from attaching the sleeves together. I came close to throwing the whole thing in the bin..I couldn't get my head around it. I find at times Otto instructions are so lacking. Thankfully my perseverance paid off and he had a warm snuggly jacket to wear to playgroup this morning. The only issue is the button holes. I interfaced the front panel underneath the button holes but they look like they are still going to stretch. I used much larger buttons than intended. I saw these buttons at Spotlight and knew they would be a perfect match. Anyway it just needs to get him through the next couple of months.




Sorry for the crappy photos..my model did not want to participate and its grey and gloomy inside to day

4 comments:

Sarah-Jo said...

love this cozy jacket the colours are great together and the buttons are so cute!
Your little man will be nice and warm now where ever he goes this winter ;-)

Christina Lowry said...

The jacket looks great and the big buttons look so cute and fun! :)

Anonymous said...

nice job!

love a bit of contrast lining and great buttons, and you've got both.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Great jacket!! And the buttons are perfect :) xox