Thursday 19 November 2009

Work Shirt Tops....

On one of my op shop visits I happened across two lovely men's shirt - Country Road & Abercrombie & Fitch....they came home with me and are now...



Two little summer tops, perfect for the 39 degree days we have been experiencing.



The girls love them and have nicknamed them.."work shirt tops" as they are just like Dad's work shirts.



The only thing I would change next time is longer sleeves so that they cover the girls shoulders a bit more...
It's nice to be sewing again...

4 comments:

Bek said...

Oh so cute! (and clever) Have you seen the shirt to dress tute over on the "made" blog? http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-shirt-dress.html

Karen said...

These are really sweet Kelly - did you just make it up as you went along or was there a tute you followed??

Sarah-Jo said...

oh these are super cute! love the lil sleeves!

Kelly said...

Thanks girls....Bek, thanks for that link. I can't believe that I haven't discovered that blog before..where have I been? Her tuts are fantastic. Karen I didn't use a tut. Just cut up the shirts. Laid our fav dress/top pattern and went to town!