Sunday 12 October 2008

Pink Cupcakes

Amongst the tonsillitis, snotty noses and ear infections..I did get some birthday sewing done for our special friend. I was inspired by a little dress that the girls were given by my aunty when they were 12 months old. It was cute but just didn't get much wear as they were crawling when it fitted. The girls and I ventured out to spotlight prior to the party and I asked them to pick some material. They chose...pink cupcakes. Not normally my choice but I think it turned out cute. I haven't heard yet if it fits or if the little girl likes it...which is rather disappointing! The girls also chose some materail for themselves that they want a dress made out of..so I must get organised. The last week has flown by and with all the lurgies in the house nothing much happened. I have big plans to make them some clothes for playschool now that its warming up, hopefully this week.

5 comments:

Karen said...

That's a lovely gift, I hope it is being appreciated! Isn't it disappointing when a handmade gift is not acknowledged.

Leanne said...

Gorgeous dress! I hope you are all on the mend then...nasty bugs. I love Archies pants also....all that fabric in fishermans pants makes for great recycling doesn't it.
Glad you enjoyed the apple cake!

Anonymous said...

dduappreciation of crafting - probably why we blog! I think the dress is lovely and the little pants are very cute too.

Kelly said...

I heard from the little girls mother and she loves it, which is fantatsic. Its always stressful when sewing for others!

Sarah-Jo said...

ooooo how deliciously sweet!
what a lovely gift!